25th Annual Silver Anniversary “Miracle on 1st Street” Toy Giveaway
Governor, City Officials and Celebrities Attend as Thousands Receive Gifts for the Holidays
The 25th annual silver anniversary of “Miracle on 1st Street” super toy giveaway, presented by the Inner City Games, the Hollenbeck Youth Center, the Hollenbeck Police Department and the Oscar de la Hoya Foundation. Two city blocks closed as nearly 10,000 inner-city children received gifts in L.A.’s largest giveaway on 1st Street in Boyle Heights.
Santa Claus Lane featured booths, food, goody bags, celebrity autographs, and interactive kids events.
14th District Councilman Jose Huizar served as Grand Marshal of the event.
Sponsors included BIG 5 Sporting Goods, Blue Cross of California, Nike, The Gas Company, State Farm Insurance, 14th District Councilman Jose Huizar, and the Oscar de la Hoya Foundation
- Daniel Hernandez, founder and CEO of Hollenbeck Youth Center
- Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa
- Lakers star Kobe Bryant
- Cardinal Roger Mahoney
- Fabian Nunez, speaker of the assembly
- Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley
- Actor Tom Arnold
- Actor Dax Sheperd
- Boxing champ Oscar de la Hoya